Also view us on FACEBOOK:

View us on FACEBOOK: http://on.fb.me/1Ps6aEG

Sunday 17 September 2017

'PURSUE SABBATH KEEPING'

Rev. Canon George Sinclair
by Rev. Canon George Sinclair                           
 Pastor of the Church of the Messiah, Ottawa, ON.
 www.messiahchurch.ca 

________________________________________
Podcast of CFRA broadcast on Sunday,  
September 17th,  2017:
http://accm.ncf.ca/images/17.09.17.mp3
___________________________________

Broadcast Notes:

A shout out to Doris Dain, whose generous donation allowed this show to go on the air, today. Thank you!



I have adapted a longer sermon that I gave at Church of the Messiah, Ottawa. It was part of our summer series on the Ten Commandments. 

Pursue Sabbath Keeping


Today’s Reading:  

    1. Religion says, "If I obey, and if I achieve what the rules require, then god will show me favour."
    2. First God makes a covenant. Then He redeems us. Then He asks us to keep a weekly Sabbath for Him, by resting and remembering.
    3. Until we are redeemed by Jesus Christ, every human being is a slave in denial.
    4. The exodus recorded in the Book of Exodus, points to the true and greater Exodus accomplished by Jesus Messiah.
    5. Even after I become Christ's own forever, I can be lured into living like a slave.
    6. God is not mean and cruel, He is good and loving, so He redeems us to live as He designed us.
    7. Seven pointers about keeping the Sabbath:
      1. The command is normative and dynamic, not regulative and legalistic.
      2. Work wisely and well for six days, then rest on the seventh day.
      3. Every week, seek to share the resting and the remembering with others.
      4. Every Sabbath, remember - I was a slave in denial, powerless to free myself.
      5. Every Sabbath, remember - I am redeemed by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
      6. Every Sabbath, remember - I was redeemed by Christ to live whole and free in an eternal Covenant with Him.
      7. Heavenly Father, please pour out Your Holy Spirit upon me, and make me a disciple of Jesus gripped by the Gospel, learning to join with other Christians, and "cease", rest, and remember, on every Sabbath, for the good of people and the glory of God. In Jesus Name AMEN.



Rev. Canon George Sinclair

Church of the Messiah

_____________________________________________
To listen to the above broadcast, click on the following link:
http://accm.ncf.ca/images/17.09.17.mp3  

No comments:

Post a Comment