Also view us on FACEBOOK:

View us on FACEBOOK: http://on.fb.me/1Ps6aEG

Sunday 14 August 2016

'THE UNTAMEABLE GOD ROARS!'

Rev. Canon George Sinclair
by Rev. Canon George Sinclair                           
 Pastor of the Church of the Messiah, Ottawa, ON.
 www.messiahchurch.ca 

_________________________________________________________
(Podcast of CFRA broadcast on Sunday, August 14th,  2016)
http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/6/45044/good_news_222_aug14.mp3    _____________________________________________________
Broadcast Notes:
*********************************************************
‘The Untameable God Roars!’



Dear friends, this talk is a shortened version of a sermon I gave at the Church where I serve as Pastor. It was part of a series where Daniel Gilman and I preach through all of the Book of Amos. The series is called, "Let Justice Roll Down".

1. The true, real, living, untamed, untameable, nation-judging God ROARS.

2. The Lord ROARS - I live as if Canada and its institutions are big - and God is small.

A. Dear Lord, please make me a disciple of Jesus gripped by the Gospel growing in a humble, trusting, knowing, that You are big and everything human is small.

3. The Lord ROARS - there are some things that human beings cannot, not know.

4. The Lord ROARS - there is a real moral order, that despite being imperfectly known, forgotten, twisted and repressed, it is still present enough for God to judge us.

5. The Lord ROARS - He is holy, good and wholly opposed to evil.

6. The Lord ROARS - He is judging every human being, institution and social structure.

7. The Lord ROARS in mercy.

B. Dear Lord, please make me a disciple of Jesus gripped by the Gospel humbly growing in gratitude that "in my place condemned He stood".


C. Dear Lord, please make me a disciple of Jesus gripped by the Gospel growing in the habit of daily, uncynical, non-despairing, persistent, decades long prayer.

D. Dear Lord, please make me a disciple of Jesus gripped by the Gospel humbly growing in my fight against the evil I do and the evil in the world.


Rev. Canon George Sinclair
Church of the Messiah
_____________________________________________
To listen to the above broadcast, click on the following link:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment